The following list of references is not claimed to be complete and is supplemented / revised, as new information emerges.
VET-system, law, regulations & policy
- Danish VET-reform, 24th February 2014, “Improving vocational education and training”, June 2014, Danish Ministry of Education
- “Education and Training in Denmark – Facts and Key Figures”, Danish Ministry of Education, 2012
- “Denmark – VET in Europe”, CEDEFOP, country report 2012
- “Improving Danish Vocational Education and Training – overview of reform of the Danish vocational education system“, July 2014, The Danish Ministry of Education
- About Danish VET: “Erhvervsuddannelserne – fakta og muligheder”, Undervisningsministeriet, 2011
- Main law for the Danish vocational education (“Bekendtgørelse af lov om erhvervsuddannelser”), § 13 for reference to individual study plans (“personlig uddannelsesplan”), to be elaborated jointly between school, student and training company, and offering possibilities for integration/recognition of prior competencies.
- About ”Reform 2000” with individualization of Danish VET:
Koudahl, Peter “Den gode erhvervsuddannelse”, Erhvervsskolernes Forlag, 2007
- Political aim of 95% of a youth cohort conducting a youth education in 2015, decided on by the government´s globalization council, 2006
- Political aim on increased quality in VET: Didactic, differentiation, interaction between school and practice, teachers´ competencies, 10th Jan. 2013:
- Flexible contracts with training companies – a range of types of contracts possible
- Specific, individually designed educational programmes (“individuelt tilrettelagte uddannelser”), main law § 15.3.
- ”Education for sustainable development – a strategy for the United Nations Decade 2005-2014”, Danish Ministry of Education, 2008
- Political focus on increased quality in Danish VET – law-based initiative, to be started in 2013
Selected political initiatives to respond to challenges, a.o. answering the challenges of individualization:
- Mandatory personal mentoring of students since 01.07.2007
- Limited introductory courses during the VET basic year (“Grundforløbspakker”), VET main law, §§ 18, 50-52, 57 and 60
- An interministerial campaign group for retention of students in VET with a special focus on bilingual students, with an explicit appreciative and resource-oriented approach (“Fastholdelseskaravanen”, “Brug for alle unge”). Transformed in 2014 to several task forces.
- Talent management programs, such as Skills (Denmark, Nordic, World), innovation event “Young Enterprise” in the business sector and special elite courses at VET colleges.
Tools & pedagogical methods
- Nationwide, mandatory virtual tool for individual education planning and documentation: “Elevplan”. User-differentiated access to link the respective student, teacher(s) and trainer(s).
- Modularization of educations as one of the effects of individualization: Jørgensen, Claus Bo; Nielsen, Torben “Modulisering”, Erhvervsskolernes Forlag, 2007
- Multi-didactic approaches at VET-colleges. A.o.:
- Hilde Hiim / Else Hippe “Didaktik for fag- og professionslærere”, Gyldendals Lærerbibliotek, 2005
- Roland Hachmann / Peter Holmboe “Flipped Learning”, Praxis – Erhvervsskolernes Forlag, 2014
VET-teacher education & research
- VET-teacher education, study regulation: ”Diplomuddannelse Erhvervspædagogik”, Aug. 2011
- Pedagogical and didactical considerations right after the Danish “Reform 2000”: ”Pædagogik og didaktik”, Undervisningsministeriet, 2000
- Research on the effect of individualism in Denmark: “Unges motivation og læring” v/ Sørensen, Hutters, Katznelson, Juul. Hans Reitzels Forlag, 2013
- Local example on practice with assessing students´ prior learning, when starting a Danish VET-education: “Kompetencevurdering”, vocational college Mercantec, 2013
- EVA – The Danish Evaluation Institute, about offers to academically strong students: “Tilbud til stærke elever på erhvervsuddannelserne: Status og erfaringer”, 2011
- EVA – The Danish Evaluation Institute, about retention in youth education: ”Fastholdelse i uddannelse: Statusnotat 2010”
- EVA – The Danish Evaluation Institute, about VET schools´ quality assurance: ”Erhvervsskolernes beskrivelse af deres systematiske kvalitetsarbejde”, 2009